Monday, December 5, 2011

Meatless Monday

Tonight the girls and I ate vegan.  Roasted cauliflower and potato gnocchi.  It was good, if monochromatic.  We had covered most of the other colors earlier in the day.  Addy picked the herbs from our pretty indoor plant and Elena helped me break up the cauliflower for roasting.  We all enjoyed it, especially the roasted cauliflower which had been tossed with olive oil, salt, pepper and fresh rosemary and sage.  There was extra since I roasted the whole head.  I froze it for another day.
Normally I like this meal with fresh grated Parmesan cheese but since I was trying to be vegan we left that off.  If I'd had toasted pine nuts they would have added a nice crunch.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds delicious! Thanks for the reminder about how delicious roasted cauliflower is. I'm definitely going to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this tonight, and because I had them on hand I tossed in a little sauteed spinach and shallots. A yummy touch, that added just a bit of color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great touch!

    ReplyDelete