Monday, November 23, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

We are getting very excited around here for Thanksgiving.  Aunt Marie and Albert and Uncle Ben are arriving after bedtime tonight. Addy has been going around all day saying "I'm so lucky!" or "I'm so excited!". She really can't wait to see them.



We have the house decorated and Addy and I have been shopping and cooking and shopping some more to get ready for the big week. I have a basic menu planned for each day.  It helps me know that we'll have plenty of time to do things with Addy if we aren't worried about shopping or eating.  I'll also know what needs to be done so I can give our guests tasks to help with.

We've done plenty of meatless cooking this week. Rather than include any recipes this time I think I'll just give some links for exploration.  We've made hummus, roasted kale chips, and tonight we'll have gnocchi withh roasted cauliflower for dinner. Addy wasn't sure about the kale chips, but I liked them a lot and we'll try them again with family this week.  She liked the hummus but said it was a little bit spicy.  I think I added more garlic than she liked.  She loved the gnocchi last time we made it.

Have a great week and a wonderful Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. Julia have a wonderful holiday with your family. They are going to love Addy to pieces.

    ReplyDelete